WeCircle – Sustainable Growth from Circular Economy
The goal of the WeCircle project is to promote the transition of industrial and industry-serving SMEs operating in Porvoo and Uusimaa to the circular economy. Another aim is to support the companies’ competencies and abilities related to circular economy and the green transition. The project also seeks to connect to the green transition of the Kilpilahti industrial area and its goal to develop the area into a world-class cluster for bio-economy and circular economy. The project is realised by Posintra Oy and Laurea University of Applied Sciences.
Circular economy is an essential solution for driving production and consumption towards a sustainable future. It is also a remarkable opportunity for creating business, jobs and wellbeing in Finland. Circular economy is a great opportunity for the Uusimaa region, in particular, where most material streams and plenty of industrial by-product and waste streams in Finland are generated. Using these streams is essential for circular economy. The ‘WeCircle – Sustainable Growth from Circular Economy’ project helps industrial SMEs in the Porvoo and Uusimaa area transition to circular economy. It also supports the transformation of the Kilpilahti industrial area by connecting the future needs of the area’s key companies to the potential new business opportunities of SMEs. The project also supports the carbon neutrality goals of the City of Porvoo and the evolution of the Uusimaa region into a pioneer in circular economy.
- Supporting the competencies and abilities of industrial SMEs related to circular economy and the green transition. This is done by offering companies a practical workshop and learning series
- Connecting to the green transition of the Kilpilahti area and matching the future needs of local key companies with the potential new business opportunities of local SMEs
- Implementing a practical measure that promotes circular economy in 4–5 companies or through cooperation between companies
- Developing a regional roadmap for circular economy and a shared operating model
- Communicating about and influencing the promotion of circular economy in Porvoo and Eastern Uusimaa
The project runs from 1 April 2023 to 30 September 2025. The main financer is the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). The project’s overall budget is EUR 547,747, of which Posintra accounts for EUR 298,824.
Jenni Juuvinmaa, Project Manager